Strategic ORCID adoption at an institution requires the participation of individual researchers, so ongoing ORCID outreach and education is key. The ORCID US Community Outreach Planning Guide provides a step-by-step checklist of resources, examples, and strategies for promoting ORCID to researchers. Additionally, ORCID’s Outreach Resources provides suggestions and resources for communicating the benefits of ORCID to individuals.
For a list of case studies, articles about ORCID, reports that mention ORCID, etc., see our ORCID Bibliography.
Featured case study: Rebuilding ORCID Campus Outreach During a Pandemic by Christina Miskey, Scholarly Communication Librarian for Research Infrastructure at University of Nevada, Las Vegas (published in Library Marketing Journal, Vol. 5, Issue 1, Summer 2021).
Planning your outreach activities
- Guide: ORCID US Community Outreach Planning Guide
- Blog: Presenting the Value of ORCID to Researchers
- Blog: ORCID for Graduate Students
- Blog: ORCID & SciENcv for NIH and NSF grant applications
- Presentation template: ORCID 101 Slide Deck Template and Speaker Notes
Info and how-to resources for individuals
- ORCID webpage: ORCID for Researchers
- One-pager: Value of ORCID for Individuals
- Videos: Set up your ORCID iD
- Guide: ORCID 101 for Individuals
- Video: ORCID 101 for Individuals (4 min.)
- Guide: Transferring Works Citations from Google Scholar to ORCID
- Video Tutorial: ORCID & SciENcv for NIH & NSF Biosketches
- Webinar Recording: ORCID Workshop for Researchers
- ORCID swag store at CafePress
- Print-it-yourself: ORCID bookmarks, ORCID fliers
- Create your own swag using the ORCID iD icon and display guidelines