The ORCID US Community hosts several events each year, including informational webinars, community showcase webinars, and community calls. Select events from the LYRASIS DataCite US Community for DOIs (a related persistent identifier) can also be found below.
All events are displayed in Eastern Standard Time.
ORCID US Community Code of Conduct
The ORCID US Community is designed to be a safe, welcoming, and inclusive space for dialogue and sharing amongst representatives from research institutions interested in adopting ORCID. Participants are expected to communicate with respect and consideration in a professional manner. Harassment and discriminatory behavior of any kind will not be tolerated and may constitute removal of perpetrators from present and future community activities and communication channels. To report violations of the Code of Conduct, please email email@example.com or text/call 470-717-0812. At in-person events, designated individuals will be identified as contacts for reporting violations or concerns.
All ORCID US Community participants are encouraged to use the following tips from the Digital Library Federation (DLF) Code of Conduct when contributing to the ORCID US Community:
- Listen as much as you speak and remember that colleagues may have expertise you are unaware of
- Encourage and yield the floor to colleagues whose viewpoints may be under-represented in a group
- Use welcoming and inclusive language, for instance by honoring pronouns and favoring gender-neutral collective nouns (“people,” not “guys”)
- Accept critique graciously and offer it constructively
- Give credit where it is due
- Seek concrete ways to make physical spaces and online resources more universally accessible
- Stay alert, as Active Bystanders, to the welfare of those around you